About Pixel People
Pixel People came form a simple idea: how can one kid make a difference?
When Malcolm heard about Toy Mountain in 2012 he decided to do what he could to help kids less fortunate. Throughout December he made and sold Pixel People to raise over $700 to buy toys to donate Toy Mountain for families in Ottawa.
In 2013 the addition of a website (thanks Shopify!) for online sales helped Malcolm expand his reach and purchases helped raise a total of $2033!
This year he's back hoping to raise $2000 again.
- All proceeds from the sale of Pixel People are used to purchase toys for Toy Mountain
- There are over 2,000,000 possible combinations to create Pixel People
- Each Pixel People is unique and hand-crafted and individually named by Malcolm
- Malcolm was even on the local news to talk about Pixel People
- To date 578 Pixel People have been sold and have gone as far as Australia, Afghanistan, and England.
Many thanks to mytoyshop.ca in Manotick for their assistance during last year's campaign.